Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sociological Mindfulness

The video we wanted made me think and understand the ability to be able to put my feet into someone else’s feet. It made me understand how other people have to live life and sometimes that life really isn’t the greatest. How that video relates to me and the life compared to my boyfriend’s life. My life is very simple and dull. I currently have to part-time jobs, I am a senior in high school, and I am also currently getting ready to enroll in college. My at home life is very boring, and sometimes chaotic. I am a normal teenager, sometimes I listen to my parents and sometimes I don’t and when I don’t I get yelled at and basically it just grows from there. My life is basically life any other high school senior, just waiting for graduation day so I can move out and be on my own. My boyfriend’s life on the other hand isn’t so normal. He has ADHD and was diagnosed with it when he was very little. His mother didn’t except the fact that he had it, so she sent him to “treatment” for it. He was in treatment for little under ten years. After he got out of this so called “treatment” he was put into foster care. He was then currently 15-16 years old he was living with a family in Groton, SD. After he turned 18 right before his senior year he moved back in with his mom. After living with his mom for about half of the summer of 2017 he moved back to Groton with a pastor and his wife. He has been with the pastor and his wife now for a little under 2 years. He has been so much compared to me. I never knew how to understand what he went through, but watching the video made me understand how easy it is to try and understand how he feels and what he has been through. The video we watched made me change the way I think of people how I understand how they live and kind of get an understanding of how they feel. I see myself fitting into the big picture of society as a girl that people can come and talk to for advice. I see myself as someone who can help a person who is struggling through any situation. I find it very easy to relate to most situations, but if I don’t I usually am able to understand and help someone through their current situation. That is where I see myself fitting into the big picture of society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment