Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bacha Bazi Assignment

Reaction Part:
            I do not think that this custom over there should be allowed. Someone needs to go against the custom and end what is happening to all those poor young men. Those men are being violated and the boys are having their lively hood ripped away from them. They are having all of that torn away just because it is a custom over in Shomali. Those boys are being victimized by sexual predators and being dressed like girls for enjoyed. It is extremely wrong that these boys are being used as enjoyment for the predators that took them. In my mind someone needs to go against the norm and make it so that the custom is no longer a custom. It is all wrong that those boys are getting their lives taken away from them just because it is a custom over there and are used for predator’s enjoyment.

Sociological Part:

            If I were to put my feet in the boy in the article that I read I would be able to understand how he felt. I would be able to understand how he felt while he was being violated, not having a family, constantly being forced to dress as a girl and go and “please” his predator. My feet are now in his shoes. I would feel like that there is no hope and that there is no way I would ever be able to escape it and get back to my family. But wait…my family doesn’t want anything to do with me. Now I just feel very depressed and don’t want to be here anymore. I just want to get away from all of these horrible things that are happening to me. I wish that the guy that is doing this to me was dead or would just let me go. Wait, now is my chance, I could break free from this. I finally escaped from this horrible life. But, now I have to be on the run because I am afraid of being captured again, so I have to hide so none of those horrible men can find me again. I am free but not truly free. I wish that I never would have been captured, my life might actually be normal. I wonder what it would feel like to be normal. Normal is there such a thing? I guess I will never know, my life has been altered and I will never have my past back. I just have to except the fact that I must live my life the best I can now and just stay hidden, so I cannot be captured again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment